Rest of the World
Peterborough, United Kingdom Office
Permanent and Partial Engagement
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and enthusiastic programme officer to join our friendly team to support occupational safety and health programmes globally, focusing on the advocacy and awareness projects.
Following the global need for effective safety and health awareness as regards the Post Covid 19 activities globally, you will be joining us as we look forward to expand our programme management team globally and strengthen our programme delivery across the globe.
This is a great opportunity to join a new team, and develop your skill and contribute to your region through our international development programmes.
We work hard and we are passionate about what we do. We find time to discuss important safety issues and ways we as an international safety organisation can support safety and health initiatives that we are passionate about. We also find the time to socialize, share information and network with other countries on occupational safety and health best practices.
The Programme Officer will be part of our growing Programme Management and Administration Team. You will be responsible for providing day-to-day administrative support and awareness on health and safety campaign projects within your region
Main Responsibilities and Duties
The responsibilities of the Programme Officer will cover all aspects of programme administration co-ordination, including developing health and safety programme proposals for private and government institutions to join our programmes through the online webinar programmes.
- Coordinate and ensure members of your country participate in all the Association events and professional training programmes via the online learning and meeting platform
- Supporting corporate programmes of our partners to help ensure timely delivery to meet the Association vision and mission.
- Maintaining and updating the programme folders and management documents, spreadsheets and databases, ensuring that all relevant information is saved in a clear and accessible manner;
- Contributing to the improvement of programme processes, policies and procedures;
- Assisting with training staff, partners and consultants on programme management policies and procedures;
- Reviewing, drafting and managing health and safety programmes with our partners;
- Communicating and building strong relationships with other NGOs and Associations
- Supporting our partners and ensuring effective execution of safety programmes
Terms of Appointment and Benefits
Engagement will be at the junior level and is a permanent opportunity. Successful candidate would receive an attractive package of the following:
- Fulfilling work – work directly with end-users in some of the world’s most underserved communities.
- Flexible work – Flexible work hours and remote work options.
- Travel the World- we are committed to seeing our work in action, all around the world during our international conferences with visa supporting documents.
- Commitment to professional development opportunities – we encourage our staff, partners and volunteers to participate in professional learning and development.
- Provision of OSHAssociation Official Laptop and working at home benefit through our UK office.
- Opportunity for permanent appointment – After confirmation of your dedicated works in your country.
Requirement and Specification
- A university degree or Safety related certificates with experience;
- Excellent organisational skills with the capacity to work without supervision;
- Time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure, manage own workload and prioritise tasks;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate appropriately and professionally with people at all levels and from diverse backgrounds;
- A high-level of attention to detail;
- Technologically knowledgeable and comfortable with Microsoft Office programmes;
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English;
- Excellent numeracy skills and proficiency with excel;
- A commitment to social justice, gender equality and women’s empowerment.
How to apply
We invite interested candidates to please send:
- Your CV and cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for the post of Programme Officer for your country and how you meet the above criteria.
- Applicants must have the resident permit if not a citizen in such a country
- Applications should be sent to email@example.com
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we retain the right to close this role without notice, due to the high number of applications expected, unfortunately only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- For each country, only one programme officer will be selected
- Closing date for this post will be 26th November 2020.