OSHAssociation is an equal opportunity organisation and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We have a diverse team, however, our Management Team is less diverse than it was, and we are very keen to attract Black, Asian and People of Colour candidates from round the world.
Rest of the World
Peterborough, United Kingdom Office
Health, Safety, Security, Environment
Permanent and Partial Engagement
We are looking for a talented, dedicated and passionate leader to be our Country Representative, to help us achieve our vision and mission of promoting safety and health awareness, advocacy and ensuring safety of lives in every organization through our activities and policy development in every region.
You will lead a team of interested professionals undertaking innovative and pioneering safety programmes across various nations, providing the evidence-base that will influence national and global policy in ensuring safety of lives as first priority in every organization globally.
This position is an exciting opportunity for someone who is committed to working with international development organization on occupational safety and health and ensuring zero incidents at workplaces.
OSHAssociation is an independent international organisation that works to prevent and reduce workplace ill heath, accidents, fatalities and deaths and promote co-operative approaches to to ensure safety compliance in every work environment. We work with civil society, international and local organizations and governments to encourage and support effective safety policies and best practices through advocacy, research and policy development and through supporting safety compliance at all level.
Objectives of OSHAssociation
Promoting Safety, Saving Lives is the goal of the Association.
Demonstrate inspiring leadership in promoting safety of lives and implementing the values, the vision, the mission and the strategic goals of OSHAssociation.
- Provide strategic guidance, professional advice and mentorship to the management team.
- Work closely with the Director of Human Resources to integrate safety culture and development of all staff with a focus of ensuring safety best practices in every organisation.
- Ensure our programmes and events are delivered and aligned with our strategic framework.
- Explore and harness opportunities to grow the organisation and further OSHAssociation’s mission in every region.
OSHAssociation and Programme oversight
Ensure OSHAssociation programmes are planned; delivered and executed to impact the region positively by;
- Providing overall leadership to the team in the region to implement the country tailored programmes.
- Ensuring compliance by all staff and partners with our Safeguarding Policy and project safety standards.
- Ensuring the highest level of programme quality and accountability in the region.
- Ensuring all OSHAssociation’s policies are implemented and regularly reviewed to benefit the members in the region.
- Ensuring our programmes are captured and attended by executives of relevant government agencies and regulators in the region.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting documenting our progress, our challenges, and how we overcame them.
Partnership, Donation and Development
To ensure the Association’s growth in capacity including the quality of impacts through programmes, educative events opportunities and strategic partnerships.
- Ensure the preparation, accuracy and timely submission of progressive reports of the Association in accordance with partners’s demand.
- Work with the CEOs and fundraising team and partners in the UK and development partners to develop creative fundraising proposals and activities to strengthen health and safety programme funding and deepen relationships with donors and supporters.
- Coordinate the development of quality funding proposals and respond to calls for proposals.
- Facilitate donor visits, donor meetings, round table discussions and programme evaluations.
- Ensure that effective grant management systems are in place.
Advocacy and Regional Representation
Lead the execution of our global safety and health advocacy strategy, in partnership with our advocacy programmes and events with a focus of promoting safety in the public and private sectors organisations with the support of key government leaders, NGOs and development partners.
- Represent us during safety related conferences, workshops & committees to promote occupational safety and health at the public and private sector level.
- Ensure OSHAssociation builds links and strengthens relationships with those supporting and championing Health, Safety and Environmental work in Government.
- Build strong professional relationships with key stakeholders championing workplace safety and health policies.
- Build OSHAssociation’s brand recognition through strategic partnerships, media exposure and thought leadership in the region.
- Establish a national alliance and regional strategic relations with partners working in related projects and programmes to ensure safety of lives at workplaces.
- Maintain a strong presence on social media and champion our values to save lives.
Job Specification Requirements
- At least 5 years’ experience in a senior management post in international development.
- Occupational safety and health administrative experience required, preferred in developing countries.
- Experience in developing health and safety management systems and implementation of complex safety programmes and international event projects, at scale.
- Knowledge and experience managing compliance to diverse donors (USAID, DFID, EU, UN, etc.)
- Proven experience in proposal development and a track record in raising funds to run safety development programmes in the region.
- Experience in multitasking in a fast-paced environment, working both independently and as part of a team.
- Proven experience as a representative of a leading organisation with a reputable national programme.
- Demonstrable network of contacts and recognised in the safety related sector.
- Experience of collaborative work with other international and local agencies and government.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills with the capacity to represent the Association at every level.
- Ability to generate internal revenue funds through the Association support services.
- Experience of the supervision and staff capacity development.
- Passionate about saving lives through safety and health
- Ability to think strategically and have attention to detail.
- Be creative, inspiring and innovative.
- Ability to manage difficult situations and to use available resources to problem solve.
- Confident and assertive.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Adaptable and able to effectively manage change.
- Manage pressure well whilst looking after themselves and others.
- Reflective but action oriented.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Investment in training and development.
- The benfits is attractive and commensurate with experience.
- Opportunity to international trip to UK and other countries during our international conferences and events
OSHAssociation is an equal opportunity organisation and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
We would like to fill this post as soon as possible so applications will be assessed on a rolling basis – applicants are encouraged to submit their completed form promptly
How to Apply
- Applications by CV and covering letter to email@example.com
- Deadline for applications is 22 October 2020.
- We will contact only the shortlisted candidates from each country
- Initial Interviews with the appropriate committee will roll as soon as possible.