Rest of the World
Peterborough, United Kingdom Office
Health, Safety, Security, Environment
Board Member, Global Head of Campaigns
Permanent and Partial Engagement
Want to use your skills in campaigning to play a vital role in creating safety and health awareness, decent toilets and good hygiene campaign for everyone everywhere?
Join OSHAssociation as our Global Head of Campaigns in your country to change the mentality of millions of people, so they can see reasons to practice safety and save their lives for good.
The OSHAssociation Global Campaigns team plays a leadership role across the world to drive the delivery of OSHAssociation’s major advocacy and campaigns efforts to achieve some of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the united nations, including international advocacy and awareness on workplace safety and health. We deliver an ambitious agenda, grounded in national level change and impact.
The location of this career opportunity is flexible to all nations of the world, and especially to developing countries seeking to benefit from the Global Campaigns to reduce the high rise of occupational accidents and deaths. This position will also encourage working with colleagues and team members from other countries.
As our Global Head of Campaigns you will have a leadership role in shaping and championing OSHAssociation’s global advocacy priorities and its global campaigns. You will have strong professional judgment, have excellent campaign networks that can be leveraged and be able to take complex policy and change processes and build compelling messaging and a clear campaign trajectory.
You should have a track record of achieving better result in your country or multiple countries and be adept at using an array of tactics including networking, public campaigning and the media at various levels.
As the manager of the campaign team in your country, you must have experience in reaching out with the appropriate communication channels, remote or distance management and the ability to coach, motivate and develop a high performing team to deliver the assigned task.
This is an office-based opportunity in a country where OSHAssociation has no active base or existing. In particular, we are encouraging professionals in developing countries with extensive experience in occupational safety and health to apply. This position will have to work closely with colleagues and with line reports that are currently based in the UK, so time zones that make working in another country practicably feasible will be a consideration when choosing applicants.
- Join in carrying out international campaign movement of the Association as required with the provided fly
- The campaign should be driven through the social media platforms and media channels within your country.
- Maintaining a set of key facts and figures relating to the safety and health campaign narrative that can be used by advocacy and communications teams
- Providing facts and information based on research to fill up the safety and health awareness gaps in the society and the need to drive the campaign locally or internationally.
- Building strong relationships across international development institutions and with all health and safety professionals and team players in your country.
- Building relationships with key external partners, including government officials in your country and with multilateral and international partner organizations for the purpose of supporting our safety campaigns
- Producing reports and briefings for any concluded campaign, achievement and the impact of the campaign from your country.
- Supporting the delivery of high-quality online campaign and events for the purpose of meeting our global campaign goals
Terms of Appointment and Benefits
This appointment may result to permanent opportunity. Successful candidate would receive an attractive package of the following:
work directly with end-users in your country and relevant partners that shares the same vision and mission.
Flexible work hours and remote work options.
we are committed to seeing our work in action, all around the world during our international conferences with visa supporting documents.
we encourage our staff, partners and volunteers to participate in professional learning and development.
- Provision of OSHAssociation Official Laptop and working at home benefit through our UK office.
- Interest-free staff season ticket loan
- Continuing Personal Development Opportunities
- Professional Training & Qualification Subsidy
Requirement and Specification
- A degree or equivalent safety related certificates with experience;
- Excellent organisational skills with the capacity to work without supervision;
- Time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure, manage own workload and prioritise tasks;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate appropriately and professionally with people at all levels and from diverse backgrounds;
- A high-level of attention to detail;
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English;
- A commitment to social justice, gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- Demonstrable understanding of what it takes to command positive result in any task
- Strong interest in occupational safety and health and international development programmes
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multitask, manage workload independently and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well within a team and willingness to take on a range of tasks as necessary.
- Ability to exhibit diplomacy, tact and discretion.
- Strong knowledge of Health Safety and Environment is necessary
- Experience of working in a fast-paced NGO or professional environment
Instructions to Apply
We invite interested candidates to please send:
- Your CV and cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for the post for your country and how you meet the above criteria.
- Applicants must have the resident permit if not a citizen in such a country
- Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we retain the right to close this role without notice, due to the high number of applications expected, unfortunately only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Closing date for this post will be 26th November 2020.