Rest of the World
Peterborough, United Kingdom Office
Health, Safety, Security, Environment
Permanent and Partial Engagement
We’re looking for an Advocacy Officer with a keen interest in successfully effecting change to join our advocacy team and help implement our health and safety advocacy strategies.
OSHAssociation is part of a global movement that is determined to make this generation safety conscious people. To realise this vision, we need to mobilise governments, influencers, businesses and the public, inspiring them to commit funds, energy and resources to ending deaths from workplace ill health and fatalities.
We are a global association, very hard-working team with ambitions and objectives that reach out beyond the expected, and every member of our team contributes to winning the fight to ending avoidable deaths and incidents that results at workplaces globally, saving millions of lives through our advocacy and building a safety conscious society. Together, we can do it for good.
Occupational Safety and Health Association (OSHAssociation) is looking for an effective Advocacy Officer with a keen interest in occupational safety and health, to join our advocacy team and help implement our safety advocacy strategies in various sectors and local communities. Working to support our advocacy, you will help the team cultivate a new generation of safety champions at various levels in your country.
This role will work on increasing our visibility and the resonance of our case with key stakeholders from the public and private organisations. Securing sustained safety advocacy movement will be vital to global efforts to accelerate progress towards ending high rise of incidents and deaths on daily basis globally. We’re looking for a confident communicator with strong administrative management skills and a good understanding of the workings with international development sector.
- Providing active management support for a range of advocacy projects relating to health and safety challenges in the society.
- Building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders and keeping contact records in our database updated on a regular basis.
- Supporting the delivery of high-quality events in collaboration with relevant stakeholders in your country.
- Daily monitoring of our activities in the region and keeping the team informed of relevant developments and engagement opportunities.
- Conducting research and supporting the drafting of briefings on key policy areas within occupational safety and health.
- Providing administrative support relating to our advocacy, including the coordination of mailings, scheduling meetings locally and taking minutes, including pictures of the activities.
- Identifying opportunities to engage OSHAssociation in your region through partnership with relevant government institutions.
Requirements and specification
- A degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 1 year of experience working in a parliamentary, advocacy or campaigning role.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of managing events, organising travel and providing logistical support.
- Experience of contact management and working with databases.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Knowledge of UK parliamentary procedures and strong interest in politics and international development.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multitask, manage workload independently and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well within a team and willingness to take on a range of tasks as necessary.
- Ability to exhibit diplomacy, tact and discretion.
Terms of Appointment and Benefits
This appointment may result to permanent opportunity. Successful candidate would receive an attractive package of the following:
- Flexible work – Flexible work hours and remote work options.
- Travel the World- we are committed to seeing our work in action, all around the world during our international conferences with visa supporting documents.
- Commitment to professional development opportunities – we encourage our staff, partners and volunteers to participate in professional learning and development.
- Provision of OSHAssociation Official Laptop and working at home benefit through our UK office.
- Interest-free staff season ticket loan
- Continuing Personal Development Opportunities
- Professional Training & Qualification Subsidy
- Strong knowledge of Health Safety and Environment is necessary
- Experience of working in a fast-paced NGO or professional environment
How to Apply
We invite interested candidates to please send:
- Your CV and cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for the post for your country and how you meet the above criteria.
- Applicants must have the resident permit if not a citizen in such a country
- Applications should be sent to email@example.com
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we retain the right to close this role without notice, due to the high number of applications expected, unfortunately only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Closing date for this post will be 30th November 2020.